Tuesday, January 30, 2007

SoCal Update

Buttercup asked, so...

We are indeed in Southern California. We went to Disneyland on our very first full day in SoCal and for any number of reasons, Buttons didn't enjoy the rides at all. First there was the Tikki Room. She wanted to go outside just as the show was starting. Next, she started to cry after Peter Pan's Flight (my fave). I know what you're thinking, but it was not because she wanted to go on it again. Believe it or not, the worst was the Pooh ride. She was inconsolable after that thing. Those Huffalumps (sp?) sure do scare the bejeezus out of my girl. Why must all the rides in Disney have a scary component? She enjoyed Goofy's house the best. There was the simple slide, a sprinkler, a piano, a sofa and a lack of crowds. Kinda like our home. Hubby watched Buttons while I went on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. They've added Captain Jack Sparrow to that ride. Who knew that animatronics could be so sexy?

Next came Palm Springs. Conference for hubby, relaxation time for Buttons and I. We took it easy and swam in the outdoor heated pool of the hotel. Later that same day we took the infamous tram up the huge mountains and saw snow! Swim by day, snow ball fights at dusk. Pretty cool. So if you're keeping score, Pooh ride earns tears, tram ride earns "more that".

Currently Hubby is getting sinus infection and we may have to cut our trip short because work is getting a little hectic back in the east. I'm coming down with something, but I refuse to let it get to me. We've just arrived in San Diego and it feels good to be in our old stomping grounds. (We lived in here for a couple of years.) Buttons is a little out of sorts but taking everything in and testing the boundaries like crazy. She decided today that she loves Jamba Juice and refused to put it down in the car. Why does it always feel like I'm either saying no all the time or I'm the world's biggest pushover? Maybe it's somewhere in the middle then?

Well, the suitcases won't unpack themselves, so I must be going. Maybe I'll even take some time for knitting.

Of note...It's my "blogiversary" today. Thanks to Viv at My Wooly Nest, I remembered it!


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At January 31, 2007 at 8:04 AM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I need some sunshine therapy. And an outdoor heated pool sounds right up my alley!! Glad you're having fun! Hope hubby feels better.

 
At January 31, 2007 at 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary to you too. One year for you as well?

It sounds like you are having a relaxing time. My hubby had a conference in Palm Springs a couple of years ago but I didn't go. Wish I had!

 
At January 31, 2007 at 10:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

When I was working I traveled once or twice a year to conferences. Palm Springs was one of my favorite spots. Shame on you Viv for not going. It is beautiful!

Oh, and as for Captain Jack - Oh la la!

 
At January 31, 2007 at 10:11 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Oh - I love that trip up on the tram. Awesome & so cool that Buttons loved it, too. So wild to see snow, I'll bet. Too bad the Peter Pan ride scared Little Miss - it is one of my faves, too. Small World, too.

Keep the JambaJuice flowing & nobody gets hurt.....

Safe travels home, you guys! XO

 
At February 1, 2007 at 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! (I finally figured out who you were, "B"!) Now I want to go back and read your blog archives to get to know this fabulous woman who's been spoiling me for the last three months!!! Have a great day!

Small world isn't it - my Secret Pal "spoilee" Viv is one of your blog readers!

 
At February 2, 2007 at 7:57 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Sorry to hear about hubby's illness. You all get better soon and have a safe trip back. We'll be waiting for you.

 
At February 15, 2007 at 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you enjoyed your visit to my neck of the woods...My family LIVES at Disneyland it seems...both of my boys love the rides so far...my 4 yo (3 at the time), even rode space mountain! But the tram? No, no way, nuh-uh, no how...can't get me on it for any reason..LOL
I live about a half-hour from it and love the mountains, but that whole suspended thing scares the pooters outta me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home