Friday, January 12, 2007

6 Pounds. But...


I don't feel I earned it. Today is the first Future M.I.L.F. weigh-in. I weighed myself last night just to brace myself for the scale. 6 pounds dropped. How, you say? That's the thing. I'm not quite sure. I drank a huge amount of water. I tried to eat sensibly, but failed more times than I'd like to think about. And then there's chocolate, aka "Cocoa Crack". What is it about that stuff?

I was more conscious of what I put in my mouth, but sometimes getting ready to diet (yes, yes, lifestyle change if you prefer) makes me very hungry. I feel deprived and then I feel like a squirrel getting ready for the winter. What is this feeling of deprivation? I think if I could get rid of that squirrely feeling, I'd be much better at this dieting thing. I've been trying to decide the path in which to lose this weight. I've been to meetings where you "watch" your "weight" with others. I like the comaraderie and I think it's a fairly balanced plan but the meetings never seem to be convenient and I haven't been able to stay on it for the long haul. A close family member has lost quite a few pounds on "a weight loss system out of Southern California". There are nutritionists. There is the liquid diet. I will find my way soon to a plan.

So, yes I'm happy about losing 6 pounds, but I can't ride this wave and pretend like doing next to nothing will get results every week. My family, friends and my new bloggy pals are very supportive. My playgroup posse is behind me all the way. I have a daughter that needs to know how to eat right and stay fit. I have many tools. Please, please, please let me use the tools, support and motivation. I can do without the guilt though. That just fuels the desire for more cocoa crack.

P.S. It's "National Delurking Week", so give me a shout out in the comments especially if you haven't before! (Yeah, I know the blogoshpere is starting to be like Hallm*rk, a new holiday everytime you turn around.)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At January 12, 2007 at 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great! No matter how you did it, it's still an accomplishment.

 
At January 12, 2007 at 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Nice ta meet ya! I am so proud of you! I feel like I put forth some effort- imagine what you could do trying, sistah! I have my Golden Retriever to pull me like a sled o'lard if I don't walk fast enough! hahaha! I am trying to lose at least 1 lb a week with the goal being 42 lbs lighter! It might take me a year , I love me some cupcakes and my birthday is next month....anyway, nice ta meet you and it'll be great getting to know another cyber Ya Ya! :) calamity k "fwnvtari" a type of deer that's always late oh, "defav" what happens when someone deletes your comments

 
At January 12, 2007 at 8:33 PM, Blogger thailandchani said...

Six pounds is great! It might have been water weight. Either way, we'll all share ideas with each other hopefully ~ and perhaps all of us can have a 6-pound loss week soon. :)


Peace,

~Chani

 
At January 12, 2007 at 9:52 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Good for you for not riding it. I'm feeling the same. This week was a learning experience about my bad habits and the EXACT WW Core rules. But still, you do deserve to celebrate your loss! 6 pounds rocks!

 
At January 12, 2007 at 10:24 PM, Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

WOAH! I'm so impressed! And laughing so hard because I totally relate...especially to the squirrel part. I do the same thing! What the heck? Congrats!

 
At January 13, 2007 at 3:36 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Katie:

Six pounds is fantastic! What you have to keep in mind is that you DID make positive changes and it's showing. So even if you feel like you fell off the wagon at times, your new good behaviors outweiged the the little temptations. This is all good and worth celebrating! (Go buy some yarn. :-P) It will get harder, yes. But since you are aware of what's happening --- you know your good habits and your bad ones --- it will be easier for you to cope with the changes.

I'm very proud of anyone that can make even the smallest changes to their lifestyle and drop the pounds.

You ROCK!

Word verification: jhsnkvfk

"Um, Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel...."

 
At January 15, 2007 at 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm delurking. congrats on the weight loss!

 
At January 21, 2007 at 12:46 AM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

WOW! Great job, girl. I'm pulling for ya. Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home