Thursday, December 21, 2006

Danielle and Winter Solstice

In the hurry and scurry of the holidays, I received this greeting today from Travels with Danielle. Go read a little about Danielle. I'll wait...

How cool, huh? Danielle is going to make her way to our house sometime next year and I'm excited. I'll make up the guest bed for her so I'm ready when she arrives. I wonder if she's a vegetarian? Oh, the fun we'll have getting to know each other. I sure hope Buttons likes her. Otherwise, she'll be spending an awful lot of time in the guest room and the trunk of the car.

On another note, I'd like to wish you all a happy Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year. The days around the holidays do seem to be particularly short. Not. Enough. Time. And guess what? I'm sick. Time to slooowwww down. So, I'm missing choir and knitting tonight. And I'm not even going to make cookies. Oh, maybe cookies. I must have cut-outs for Christmas!

I hope to post again before Christmas, but family is coming and my house doesn't magically clean itself yet, although I do have a very sweet husband who does more than his share. I'm off to drink some Gypsy Cold Tea. (Yeah, isn't that a great name for echinacea tea?)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2006 at 10:16 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh lucky you!!! I hear Danielle makes the perfect house guest - she has good manners, doesn't eat much or make a mess and she is a great listener.

When Danielle gets here can we meet for lunch? It would be fun to meet another fellow blogger and I'd love to hear all about her travels.

It's great that you got the heads up (no pun intended) that she'll be coming. This way you can start clearing off the bed in the guest room (well, you really only need to clear off the pillow).

 
At December 22, 2006 at 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you! I was hoping Danielle could come to Maine. Can't you see her on skis? She's a little scary though, truth be told.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home