Saturday, December 09, 2006

What She Said


As you can tell, the Christmas season is among us and I've been scurrying about getting things ready for the big days and I'm having trouble thinking of good posts right now. So, here are some things Buttons is spouting these days.

Sometimes, when we're laughing together, especially if all three of us are there. Buttons will stop everything and tell us:
"Buttons happy."

I get a little frantic when I lose something, especially when it's her stocking (which is all but done and I know you've been hearing that for a while). In the midst of the panic, Buttons comes over to me and pats me on the leg and says:
"Feel better mama." and "It be alright."

We have been playing Christmas music around the house and she enjoys it very much. She especially loves Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Whenever they come on she stops what she's doing and comes and tells us what great song is playing. We were in a large commercial toy store yesterday with Christmas music and she points to the speaker and excitedly states:
"Jingle Bells up dere."

My friend Beth has a wonderful way with children and Buttons adores her. We were all sitting together when Beth asked all the kids "what's your favorite song"? Buttons reply was:
"Edelweiss." (The song Hubby and I have been singing to her every night since those first days with her. Yeah, I was very teary.)

Yeah, I know this post is once again too sweet. Just so you know Buttons is working on her independence as well. When testing it out, she's often heard saying:
"Don't want to ANYMORE."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 12, 2006 at 11:16 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Oh my! She is just TOOOOO CUUUUTE in that chef's hat!

I think it's awesome that you guys sing to her and that music is in your house all the time. That, plus the knitting = a very smart, creative kid!

 
At December 13, 2006 at 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is too cute. We just learned about "Happy" here as well. Only it sounds more like HOP-pee. Love this stage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home