Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Top 10

I think Buttons is going to have a great Christmas this year. However, Santa will not be coming to our house. Buttons is FREAKED out by the man, so she decided her grandmother will bring the gifts instead. Smart girl, huh? Well, seeing Buttons enjoy the holidays and spending time with family and friends is the best, but here are a few other things I like...
1. The music.  Just about anything
except the song about the collisions of a grandmother
and one of Santa's helpers. "Mele Kalikimaka" holds
special meaning to me as I remember our first year
living in San Diego we stayed home for Christmas.
To celebrate, we went to Coronado Beach wearing festive
short-sleeved shirts armed with Christmas cookies and a
cd player and we danced on the beach to Bing.

2. The tree. What other time of year can you put a tree
in your house decked with lights and crazy tchotchkes?

3. The cookies. There must be cut-outs and spritz in the house for
Christmas. I enjoy many cookies, but the ones my mom made
every year are the ones crave.

4. The snow. I always love a white Christmas, especially when
the trees are covered with ice.

5. The lights. I grew up with multi-colored lights, but I'm quite
fond of white lights right now. I love seeing the wonderful
things people do with lights in their yards.
(And the wonderfully freaky things, too.)

6. The pajama days. Christmas means spending the
day in your jammies. How fantastically decadent and comfy.
It's the only day of the year I can dothat without feeling
very lazy.

7. The TV specials. A Charlie Brown Christmas, anything Rankin & Bass,
It's a Wonderful Life, and A Christmas Story are just a few of my favorites.

8. The presents. I really do enjoy watching people open their gifts.
Especially the ones that are really special. We gave all the parents
pictures of Buttons last year and my mom received a picture of me
with Buttons. She cried, I cried. It was a special moment that
was a long time coming.

9. The cards. We are newsletter people. I hope
our letter isn't annoying. We try to make it interesting
and let people know what we're up to currently. I do like
getting those cards too. Sometimes, this is my only contact
with the people who live all over the country.

10. The anticipation. I'm not very good at waiting. Christmas has a big
build-up and you have to wait for it. (Not for much longer though!)

Happy Holidays everyone!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 23, 2006 at 12:12 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

I share your faves - I had a very nice day listening to Christmas Tunes driving around getting my final-final grocery shopping & friend visiting done yesterday. Fun! What is Buttons fave Carol??

 
At December 23, 2006 at 12:30 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Buttons loves Jingle Bells, but Frosty and Rudolph come in close behind. She loves the song by Sufjan Stevens "Put the Lights on the Tree" as well.

BTW, we bought the whole Sufjan Stevens Christmas collection and are very pleased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home