Saturday, January 06, 2007

Taco Bell Slip and Slide

Warning: Although this post contains a nice message at the end, if your gag reflex is easily triggered, this post isn't for you.

Shortly after Hubby and I married, we moved about 8 hours from our family and had to rely solely on each other for all of our needs. Early on after this move, I was very sick with bronchitis*, but finally feeling hungry and Hubby was kind enough to fetch me dinner from T.B. We ate. He went upstairs to do some homework (for grad school) and I had a coughing fit. It wouldn't stop. My eyes felt like they were popping, my throat hurt and then there was my stomach. That Burrito Supreme and the Mexi-melt I enjoyed just an hour earlier was now deciding to leave my body. I knew I would never make it to the bathroom upstairs, so I fled to the kitchen. (I figured the sink can be cleaned and we had a disposal.) Our place was very small, but I didn't make it to the sink. I made it into the kitchen, lost it on the floor and then... wait for it... slipped and fell in the vomit. At some point Hubby heard either my sobbing, my coughing, or the loud thud and came running. And do you know what that sweet man did for me? He took me upstairs while I finished the job, asked me if I needed anything, told me to go take a shower and rest. Yup, he cleaned up the kitchen too. The wedding was great, the honeymoon sweet, but a man who will clean up something that nasty for you says true love.

*Bronchitis is my sworn enemy after being a part of my life at least once or twice a year since I was like 7. The only good thing it's ever done for me is curb my appetite, as this post has done as well.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At January 8, 2007 at 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that it is my intention to laugh at your awful sickness, you have to admit that if it hadn't actually happened to you that you might find it a bit funny too? :)
You're right - that guy is a keeper!
- Stephanie
www.mesocrafty.wordpress.com

 
At January 8, 2007 at 1:48 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Stephanie, I'd rather have laughs than horror! I think it's pretty funny now too.

 
At January 8, 2007 at 2:53 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Now that's romantic.

Sorry, I had to chuckle at the image of slippery faux-Mexican vomit.

You've got a great guy there. But, you already know that.

 
At January 8, 2007 at 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, thank you for adding to my will power not to eat at Taco bell!! :)

Whatta guy...you hit the jackpot with him!

 
At January 9, 2007 at 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never let that guy go!

 
At January 10, 2007 at 12:19 AM, Blogger Beth said...

My stomach can handle that post. I can picture it all, laugh and still be hungry for a burrito sumpreme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home