Saturday, January 06, 2007

Oops on the first day!




All these posts about Christmas and I forgot to "weigh in" on one of my resolutions. (This one comes every year by the way.) I've joined with Lotta at Mom-O-Matic to be a Future M.I.L.F. What does M.I.L.F. mean? In an empowering sense, it's about losing weight and feelin' sexy. For a more accurate definition look here. (Trust me, don't Go*gle it!) Yes, it's not pretty, but it's humorous and dieting is just not that funny in general. So, yesterday was the first weigh-in and I forgot to do it. After this post, the bathroom scale is calling me.

The rules are to follow the program of your choice, post every Friday on progress including weight lost, and have a witness for that scale time. Apparently, 2 year olds can be a witness, but I'm not waking her at 1:30 in the morning. You'll have to trust me on this one.

I've been on Weight W*atchers before and it's worked for me, but going to the meetings with Buttons was a difficult task. Yeah, yeah, rationalization is a wicked witch in the game of weight loss. So, I don't really have a plan, but I'm diving in now. Hopefully the water is warm. Although, I like my drinking water to be ice cold and the big girls know it's all about drinking the water. Like 300 oz. per day, right? Ok, just seems that way. Wish me luck and feel free to send nice advice.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At January 6, 2007 at 7:53 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hey there! I joined the MILF's too. No plan either here. I just going to avoid nighttime snacking (and grazing in general), cut back carbs and high fats and include exercise at least three times a week. Since these steps are currently not being taken, it has got to help. We'll see next Friday.

BTW, no witnesses are allowed during my weigh in. I'm just not comfy with that.

 
At January 6, 2007 at 11:44 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

MILF? (snicker) I know what that means....

Good luck to ya - New Years is always a good time to work on stuff like this. Why 1:30 am, though??

 
At January 6, 2007 at 11:54 AM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Yea for you! Oh The Joys did WW from her home. The free do it yourself version. This is my first official day of core. I totally ate all my flex points last night so I'm in it for good now.

 
At January 6, 2007 at 10:44 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

We can do this! Just think how good we are going to look! Personally, I am ready to embrace my inner "Hot Momma"! Good luck! I am in it with you!

 
At January 7, 2007 at 4:35 AM, Blogger Jeanna said...

My dog is almost 3...he's my only witness at weigh-in time. He's more honest than Duke, the Bush's Baked Beans dog.

Good luck!

 
At January 7, 2007 at 9:09 PM, Blogger M'Lynn said...

The water! I haven't peed this much since I was pregnant with the peanut.

Keepin' the pee clear! That's a great start. I'm doing the behavior modification. I'm trying to make these things a habit, and it takes, what 21 days or something, to make it a habit.

 
At January 8, 2007 at 8:58 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Hey there!

Well I did WW many moons ago. I did the "at-home" program too because meetings just 'aint my style. I lost about 65 pounds. Keeping it off has been a challenge due to health issues that just kind of popped up once I got to be in my early 30s. So I gained about 35 back. Yuck.

I've been going to a nutritionist and she told me that one of the best things to do is cut out sugar. Sugar is absolutely worthless. It has no nutritive benefits at all. What happens is your body focuses on metabolizing the sugar, which is bad because it's not getting any benefit from it, and basically ignores everything else. So the rest of your food, carbs particularly, just sit there and turn to...more sugar. Nice. So if you can cut out sugar, you'll be doing yourself a favor. AND great foods like pasta and bagels won't be no-nos either!

I've learned so much from this nutritionist in just 2 visits that I want to info dump it all here! I signed up for 6 months with her. So hopefully I will learn HOW to eat.

 
At January 8, 2007 at 9:57 AM, Blogger Katie J said...

OH GINA!!! Feel free to dump that info here or on your site and I'll direct the MILF's to it! Awesome! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home