Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Long time, no blog. (Warning: Very Random.)

I missed the Friday weigh-in , it's almost time for Wordless Wednesday and then I'll be away from the computer for a bit. (Tell you about that later.) So, a few random things...

Buttons has a bit of a cold right now and we're watching Mr. Rogers. Love and miss that man.

P., who taught me how to knit is now teaching a bunch of us toe-up socks. When I first learned how to knit, the idea of knitting socks seemed like crazy talk. Well, I'm enjoying it but I haven't joined the sock knitters cult. Yet. The sock in the picture is made of the Opal Prisma I purchased at Knitters Day Out. The coral color reminds me of watermelon and the white part with the black dots reminds me of the dragon fruit we ate at the White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou, China.

Button's language skills are so cool. She's adding "s" to pluralize words like "geese" to make "geeses". Adding "ed" to make something past tense even when it doesn't quite work. I understand this is normal and almost all kids do it, but it's just so awesome and amazing to me. She's also making her own compound words like "recipebook". Makes sense, right? It's a book made of recipes, but she came up with that all on her own since I call it a cookbook.

The yarn diet is going well even when friends pass along great web-sites and announce sales to me. (Yes, friend who reads my blog, I mean you. But I'm so glad you do!) I wish I was this good at saying no to that evil temptress, chocolate.

Oh yes, the weigh-in for my diet. Well, my thoughts on the last weigh-in were right. I didn't earn it. I gained back a pound. The nice part? I was worried it was such a fluke, I would gain it all back. So, while gaining any is bad, I did much better than anticipated. Yeah, didja notice I put this way down towards the bottom of this post? Must get rid of shame along with pounds.

Cecily at and I wasted all that birth control had asked her blog readers for any questions a while back. If you have any, feel free to ask away...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2007 at 4:13 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Wow, I just have to say that everyone's socks look WAY cooler than mine!

G

word verification: ujiwirrz
Sounds like a Star Wars creature from Tatooine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home