Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Weigh-In

It's that time again. Oh how I hate the scales. The sheer torture. The shame. The...uh, what's that Ms. Scale? I lost 2 pounds? I love you. Yeah, my relationship with the scale is like my relationship with my best friend at 6, BFF one day, sworn enemies the next.

Right before stepping on Ms. Scale this morning, I "powdered my nose". Buttons came in, sat down on her potty and offered to read her "recipe book" to me (see red "Ta*get" book in picture). She opened the page and started out with "Once upon a time". She's 2 years old, people! Then she holds my hand like I hold hers at night during story time or when she's going to the potty and is having a hard time 'getting things going'. Next, she lets go of my hand and looks at me seriously and tells me "I have to turn the page Mama". It's kind of silly, but when I read to her at night and I have to let go of her hand to turn the page, I feel a bit sad to break contact. Apparently to compensate I often tell her why I'm letting go of her hand. Uh, I think she gets it.

Well, we are off to Southern California tomorrow. Hubby has a conference and will work at one of his company's locations out there for a couple of days. We get to show Buttons the Pacific Ocean! I'll have to blog about the trip when I return. I don't think I'll be weighing-in next Friday though. I'll read my fellow MILF's progress though!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At January 26, 2007 at 9:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, California - lucky you to be getting out of the bitter cold. Enjoy your trip!

 
At January 26, 2007 at 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, my relationship with the scale is the same way. Good job on your 2 pounds.

 
At January 26, 2007 at 11:06 AM, Blogger sillychick said...

I've hated my scale for so long...until lately.

Good job on your loss. Keep it up!

 
At January 26, 2007 at 8:46 PM, Blogger Julie Pippert said...

What a cute story...what a little sweetie!

Congrats on 2 lbs down!

 
At January 26, 2007 at 10:31 PM, Blogger Paige said...

Wow. Way to go with the two pounds!

 
At January 27, 2007 at 10:05 PM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

Good job! Have fun in California and Enjoy the sunshine!!

 
At January 29, 2007 at 1:06 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Very sweet story about reading. Yea you for the weight loss!

 
At January 29, 2007 at 10:08 PM, Blogger Beth said...

We miss you. Finally we are getting over our crud here - not 100%, but better. Enjoy CA.

 
At January 30, 2007 at 1:50 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

How is it goin' in ol' SoCal, buddy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home