Saturday, September 08, 2007

School Days

She starts school next week. Next week people! Just last week she had no teeth! Wasn't that last week? Hmmmph, seems like it. She's going to pre-school. It's only a couple of days a week for a couple of hours each day, but it's the beginning. It's the beginning of letting go and the start of Buttons navigating her world without my watchful eye. It's the beginning of possibilities. The possibility of being inspired by her teachers, learning new skills she'll have for the rest of her life, making new friendships and falling in love with school (oh I do hope).

Hubby and I met her teachers earlier in the week and Buttons joined us for an open house where the teachers met the children and everyone just played. They have a kitchen and books, so Buttons is all set. Before her nap, I told her the story of Buttons and her new school. I told her how Buttons made cookies for everyone in the kitchen and sailed in the pirate ship with her friend. I told her about the bathroom right off of the classroom. She was interested and asked if the teachers brought the kids to the potty. I assured her they would. She then told me which teacher should take her to the potty. That girl makes up her mind fast.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 8, 2007 at 8:44 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

What a big girl! Preschool is sooooo much fun!! What's not to love? There's friends, different toys, a new playground to explore, snacks and crafts. Buttons is going to have a blast. And you'll be fine too, Mom.

 
At September 9, 2007 at 9:56 PM, Blogger insanemommy said...

You're braver than I. My girls won't be going to school unless I'm there to keep a watchful eye! lol. No, not really. But, I'm just not there yet..... Maybe next year. I don't want them growing up too quickly. They're not even potty trained yet.

 
At September 10, 2007 at 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooo proud... make sure you tell my girl to "break a leg" tomorrow, hehehe!

PS - I have those glasses toooooooo! Where on earth didja get them? ::wink wink:: You DID notice I wore them in Steel Mags for the Christmas scene?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home