Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Lazy Days of Summer are Passing...

Things are cooling off a bit with the weather, but our schedules are heating up like crazy. I already missed a swim lesson for Buttons. I'm getting estimates for a new fence and new windows. The stuff I volunteer for is getting busy. I know the new year starts in January, but I've always felt like autumn was a new beginning for me. I want to clean out my house, buy new clothes, get things settled. I've finished my oldest knitting WIP (work in progress) and it feels so good. I want to get everything in order and at the same time enjoy these last warm days.

By the way, Hubby taught Buttons to say "Cowabunga" as she slid down into the water, so that would be my caption for this photo. What joy a small pool in the backyard can bring. Jumping in freshly raked leaves can be fun too . What are you missing about summer already? What are you looking forward to for the fall?

(Next post will be about a first autumn event for Buttons.)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At September 6, 2007 at 5:43 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Hurray for Fall! It marks the beginning of yarn season for me. I hoep that you post a pic of your finished WIP....?

 
At September 7, 2007 at 6:30 AM, Blogger Beth said...

What a great idea for a pool slide - Cowabunga! Fall makes me want to kick my feet through a pile of crisp leaves.

 
At September 7, 2007 at 10:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Here it's still horribly hot, and I'm longing for fall. Fall is my favorite season and what I miss the most about not living in Minnesota anymore

But not having winter and having a long spring and gorgeous flowers year round are terrific!

 
At September 7, 2007 at 11:01 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Buttons looks like she is having so much fun - pure glee is captured in that photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home