Friday, August 17, 2007

Thanks Purl!


Purl of Knitted and Purled, my dishcloth swapper, sent a fantastic package filled thoughtful surprises. It's hard to see in the pictures, but she knit a beautiful hummingbird washcloth out of Shine Sport from Knitpicks and then included two skeins for me to enjoy in a lovely buttery yellow and a sage green. Shine is so very soft and has a beautiful sheen to it and although I haven't knit with it, friends have knit with Shine Worsted and say wonderful things about it.

Purl also included a really cute coloring book for Buttons and she will jump for joy tomorrow when she sees something came in the mail from my secret pal for her. Purl sent some wonderful Numi tea and Jasmine is one of my fave flavors. The Burt's Bees body wash and lotion smells wonderful. The handmade soap is called "hand knit" and it contains bergamot, lavender and lime and is a wonderful scent. The dishcloth pattern book is great and I will definitely utilize it. You're a great spoiler Purl! Thank you!

(By the way, Purl you don't owe me any chocolate. I think summer is a difficult time to send chocolate. Plus, you've already outdone yourself.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 17, 2007 at 8:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am thrilled that you love your package! It was so much fun planning your surprises! And I was sad that I couldn't send you some of my favorite chocolate.

 
At August 17, 2007 at 10:21 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Hi there! I am a good friend of Purl's and also have a daughter from China. She came home in Dec. 2004... anyway, I have had lots of fun hearing about the dishcloth swap from Purl, and reading your blog. It's neat to know of another FCC mom who knits! My blog is knitsabouttime.blogspot.com. My best,

Cindy in Houston

 

Post a Comment

<< Home