Sunday, August 12, 2007

SP 11 Questionnaire


Yes, I'm participating in another Secret Pal Swap. Here are my answers for my secret pal...

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love many yarns. Cotton, soft wool, merino, alpaca, silk, bamboo, soy, cashmere, and various mixtures. While on vacation in Vermont I went yarn shopping with friends and came across a yarn called Malabrigo and fell in love. It's similar to Manos del Uruguay but is softer, cheaper, and has more yards per skein. I sometimes work with acrylic but I'm pretty picky about man made fibers. For the most part I'm not into novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a Lantern Moon wrap case for straight needles and I keep circulars and DPN's together in a special case (that's getting jam packed). I'd love to keep my DPN's separate if anyone has any good ideas.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for around 4 years. Hubby bought me knitting lessons from the amazing Pat and now I knit with her and a bunch of other fabulous women about once a week.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes and I will be happy to share that info upon request.

5. What's your favorite scent? Lavender vanilla, ginger, lemon verbena. I like good quality jasmine as well.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Who doesn't have a sweet tooth? I enjoy Belgian chocolates but a Hershey bar would be my favorite easy to purchase confection.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love that others spin of course, but it's not my thing. I love taking pictures and while it's not easy to find time, I like to do simple scrapbook pages. I've been getting into sewing a wee bit and am very interested in Lotta Jansdotter's book and Amy Butler's book as well.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Oh, music, music, music! Yes, I am MP3 capable. I really love world music especially (but not limited to) African and Cuban music. I'm always looking for Chinese music as well. My taste varies, but I like anything from Erasure to Joan Armatrading, REM to Ella Fitzgerald, Abba to Indigo Girls, The Beatles to the Doors, movie soundtracks to Broadway soundtracks. I'm not too into country, although I think Patsy Cline is a goddess and rap ain't my thang although there have been some songs that I enjoy. I enjoy classical and opera, but unfortunately not very knowledgeable about either.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like color. My knitting buds would tell you that. I tend to like jewel tones and not-too-bright brights. I enjoy blue, greens, purples and pinks for wardrobe choices. I'd say fuschia is probably my best color and anything in the blue to teal family looks good on me. My house is decorated in butter yellows, sage greens, lavender and I have 2 very red doors. Although oatmeal, browns, taupes and putty are beautiful, they aren't for me.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Hubby, daughter Buttons (almost 3) and our kitty.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like to be able to have several projects going at once. One large project, one project that needs concentration and one (or more) quick projects. I enjoy hats, scarves and bags. I like making sweaters, but they're still a challenge even though they're usually for Buttons. I also want to start making toys for my girl after receiving this book from my SP10.

13. What are you knitting right now? A Wallaby for my girl, socks, a hat and maybe 7 other things. Must finish some knitting.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I love my set of Denise needles, but I now own 3 Addi Turbos (16" sizes 7 and 9, 12" size 2) and I'm diggin' them. Pretty needles like Lantern Moon make me weak in the knees, but I'm too practical to ever say I "need" them.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Not yet. Hope to sometime in the future.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 3 years old and I basically just need to sew it together. I will get that shell done for the fall.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas is my favorite holiday, but fall is my favorite season.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Trying to simplify, but I love recipes and patterns. I do like miniature knit items for the Christmas tree.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I'm getting Interweave Knits thanks to my SP10. I would enjoy a short pair of size 7 Lantern Moon needles as a complete luxury for making washcloths. 16" Addi Turbos in size any from 4 to 15 except 7 or 9 would be a welcome addition.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Domino, Entrelac, Intarsia and maybe Fair Isle knitting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? In the middle of my first pair and I already have yarn to do at least 3 more. So, I'm good on sock yarn right now. I want to finish this pair before that stash gets out of control. It is like a separate stash, huh? I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe on the medium to wide foot, but I don't know my measurements. Not a true sock knitter, I know.

23. When is your birthday? In November, just before Thanksgiving.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? I don't have an ID yet, but here are my stats.
  • 9786 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 6375 people are behind you in line.
  • 34% of the list has been invited so far.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 13, 2007 at 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Your Dog Days Dishcloth Swap package is in the mail!

 
At August 22, 2007 at 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your secret pal popping in to say hi! I would indeed like the details of your wishlist, so I'll drop you a line soon so you can mail that back to me. :-) I'm afraid I won't be able to send you any Hershey bars, though. I don't think they even do them here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home