Monday, August 13, 2007

Birthday Surprise

Buttons apparently drank a gallon of crabby juice before her nap and felt the effects upon waking. I hummed, hugged and asked her about her dreams. When that failed to bring her out of the funk, I started asking what she wants for her birthday. (A fairly cheap trick, but it worked.)

Buttons: I want a present mommy.
Me: Yes, we would love to get you a present. What would you like?
Buttons: A picture of Calin and me when I adopted her in China.
Me: That would be really nice. Maybe we should celebrate her adoption day too.
Buttons: Yeah, and I want in earring in my nose too.
Me: Huh?
Buttons: Yeah, just like that cow we saw.
Me: Mmmm. Maybe when you're older.

We saw a statue of a cow with a huge ring through its nose while we were on vacation and apparently she was quite taken with it. I'm all about kids being able to express themselves through hairstyles and clothing as long as it's not too hoochy mama or reminds me too much of a domesticated bovine.

Yes, the picture above is of a pig, but ain't it cute? Wanna make one? Click here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 14, 2007 at 2:37 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Wow, that would be an interesting nose ring!! It's a big 'un! LOL at the gallon of crabby juice...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home