Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fall into Autumn Dishcloth Swap

I seem to have become addicted to swaps and secret pal stuff. Oh well, here's another questionnaire.

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? I've been knitting for about 5 years but would love to learn to crochet.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
I cannot stop making those Ballband dishcloths. Obsession? Addiction? Sickness? I would love to keep them all myself, but all but one or two will become gifts.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
Just purchased some Peaches 'n' Cream and I like that. Other swap buds have sent me Lion Brand and Knitpicks Shine which were lovely. Sugar 'n' Cream has been a staple, but I'm easy to please. If there is a cotton my swap pal thinks I should try, all the better.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
I mostly use my Denise circular set which are a very nice plastic needle. Otherwise, bamboo or even better, Addi Turbos.

5. What are your favorite colors?
Any colors you don't like much? Rich blues, purples, and greens are always welcome. I also like reds quite a bit. But for a washcloth, I'll go with just about anything.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?
The cooler weather and crisp air, leaves, fresh apples, and a promise of a new start. I guess I link it to starting school with a brand new teacher, a fresh slate and new shoes.

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
Pumpkin for Thanksgiving. Apple for any time. Pecan rarely.

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
Yeah, question number 6 gave it away. I loved seeing old friends and the newness of it all, so I was up early the first day and overslept every other day of the year.

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
Candy? Dressing up? What's not to like? Yes, I celebrate Halloween.

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Belgian chocolates from Elsa or Nuehaus, Belgian beer and food. Yeah, maybe I should take another trip there. I truly like good chocolate, but a Hershey bar will do. However, I'm trying to eat healthier. (Don't test me on the definition of try, ok?) So, bottom line if I had to choose 3 for a whole year, I'd want some sort of organic protein bar, some fruity green tea and darnit, some Belgian chocolates. Oh, what a foodie I am.

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
I have a hubby who supports me and my knitting, an almost 3 year old daughter who has a strong desire to learn knitting and a long-haired cat who loves to play with knitting.

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
Merino wool with a little cat hair. I'm fairly soft-hearted, warm, and nice to knit with, but I'm not too high end. The cat hair? Uh, I have a cat so it's everywhere.

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
Mostly dishcloths, but I like either.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
I'm really excited about Halloween this year because it's really the first time my daughter is getting excited in advance about October 31st. However, I do enjoy sitting around the table with family and friends during Thanksgiving. I like that there are no gifts except to just enjoy each other's company. Basically I'm always ready to celebrate, so bring on the holidays!

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
I have a strong asthmatic reaction to smoke.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At September 8, 2007 at 1:28 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Best way to teach yourself to crochet? The videos on nexstitch.com and the book, The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. These are what taught me when actual classes didn't work!

 
At September 9, 2007 at 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh it'll be so fun to see your little one dress up, I'll bet! Thanks for getting your questionnaire up!

 
At September 10, 2007 at 1:48 PM, Blogger THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

GOSH! She's soooo cute!

 
At September 11, 2007 at 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm looking forward to this swap! I will be your secret swapper and I can't wait to start shopping for you! I hope all goes smoothly with the first day of school! - Your Fall into Autumn swapper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home