Friday, September 15, 2006

Red Scarf Project


The Keyboard Biologist Knits is a blog I've been reading for a while now and she does a great job explaining the Red Scarf Project. The short version is the Orphans Foundation of America will be collecting red scarves in the month of January and sending them to college students who have outgrown the foster care system. I plan on making at least one along with a note of encouragement. Perhaps you have some red yarn in your stash yearning for higher education?

6 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 at 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 16, 2006 at 10:29 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Is the pic of the scarf you are working on Katiej? If so, it looks exactly like the scarf I plan on making this fall. Cool project. Hey have you heard from your secret pal, yet?????

 
At September 17, 2006 at 9:24 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Great idea - very sweet. If only I could knit (no store boughts allowed, bummer)...

 
At September 17, 2006 at 12:41 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

I used this pic from google images, but it is a lovely scarf.

 
At September 17, 2006 at 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you find out about this stuff?? Way cool - I'll have to take a peek through my stash. - Stephanie @ Forks and Chopsticks

 
At September 17, 2006 at 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie, this is Stephanies sister and I wanted to thank you for your well wishes.
This project is an awesome idea. I think the students will appreciate it. I have been wanting to learn to knit so maybe after the arm is better I'll give it a try.
Christina all that blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home