Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Knit Post #3 (aka Woman of a Thousand Projects)











































When I first started knitting, I just knew I wouldn't have more yarn than the project I was working on currently and maybe one future project. Heh. That plan failed miserably, but me likey yarn very much, it inspires me and it's nice to have around. The second thing I couldn't even imagine was having more than one project going at one time. Yeah, you can guess the rest. I mean, it's in the title of the post, right?

Here are 3 projects I'm currently working on, although I have a few more that are waiting patiently for me.

The one in vintage purple acrylic is an afghan square with a pattern called Ripple that my local knitting group (LKG) is putting together. This yarn did not come from my stash, but from Jan, a friend of my friend P. Jan passed away and gave her entire stash to P. who brought the knitting group together to share Jan's stash. Jan liked to knit for charity, so P. asked us to take a skein of the acrylic no one claimed and make a square with it. We will put together this afghan of many colors and give it to charity.

The second project is taking me forever even though it couldn't be easier and the bonus it's from my stash (albeit given to me by my neighbor). My friend Marsha asked our LKG if we would each do a dog blanket for a friend of hers in another state who needed samples to teach a knitting class. These new knitters would donate these blankets to the local Humane Society. Charity...good. Knit every freakin' row forever...bad. Well, boring at least. You do get to slip the first stitch which I know I forgot a few times.

The third project is actually two projects. I'm making these mittens for two people who will get one pair of matching mittens. This is a two needle mitten pattern found in this book using this yarn. I've worked in the round, but haven't attempted socks or mittens in the round. I really want to get started on a Christmas stocking for Buttons, but I can't decide which one to do. Any great suggestions for stockings?

So, am I alone in being the "Woman of a Thousand Projects"?

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2006 at 6:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nope - but I only have two SLOW going right now. A sweater for the baby and a poncho for Leah.

 
At August 23, 2006 at 11:37 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Taking pics of projects-in-progress would be fun. I have so many - I'm just fickle & bore easily. And, I'm also just so easily lured into the yarn shop. From what I can remember: 2 big-girl sized sweaters for me, 1 baby sweater for buttercup, a teddy bear, another felted lamb (well, 2), a raspberry baby hat, (2) cabled pillow covers..oh! and some really cool fingerless gloves (almost done - just a couple more "fingers" to go).

 
At August 29, 2006 at 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you've taken my title! I do believe I'm the "woman with a thousand projects". But I have made it my mission lately to finish some up. Doesn't stop me from starting new ones though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home