Thursday, August 10, 2006

Vegetarians Beware
























Well, her first word was "Baba"(for daddy), her first phrase was "Mama, too" and now for something completely different and non-fuzzy. Her first sentence? "Buttons wants more sausage, too". (It was turkey sausage and my plan is to start buying veggie sausage, but there it is.) I was a bit stunned and asked her if she just said what I thought she said. Her reply? "Yes, please". It was at that point that I melted on the floor from cuteness. As I was in the midst of composing myself, she burped. Buttons followed that by saying "burp" and then...wait for it..."'scuse me". I'm still not recovered.

4 Comments:

At August 10, 2006 at 3:52 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

OMGosh. Buttons, that little heart melter. Thanks for sharing - that was precious.

 
At August 10, 2006 at 5:38 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

That little munchikin will probably major in linguistics in college. Her vocabular is amazing for 22 months.

Buttons is such a gentle sweetheart - everything she does is adorable.

Have you tried veggie sausage? I like Boca burgers, but I'm wondering how good the sausage would be.

Love the picture too.

 
At August 10, 2006 at 7:31 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

Go, Buttons, go! Whoo-hoo!

There are some awesome vegetarian sausages out there. My family is particularly fond of the Boca brands: breakfast sausage links, Italian sausage, and bratwurst--all are quite tasty. (We're not as keen on the Morningstar Farms breakfast sausage links, which have a weird skin/casing on them.) Good luck!

 
At August 11, 2006 at 1:40 AM, Blogger Millicent said...

What a vocabulary...and what manners! You're obviously a wonderful Momma. I'm just now starting to check in on your blog daily...sounds like I need to get prepared for some serious heart-melting cuteness from your Buttons.

And thanks so much for your comment over on Different Dirt. You described that feeling perfectly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home