Friday, July 28, 2006

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!















We have a small part of our yard that has been used as a small garden but this year we concentrated more on flowers instead. However, last year after Halloween I threw our pumpkin seeds in the little garden patch. In the spring, we found some rather large unknown leaves sproutin' "up through the ground like some bubblin' crude" (ok, not crude, but once I started that line I had to finish it...who knows the reference?). I almost pulled them out thinking they were weeds, but didn't get to it for a while. Rarely do I get to say this, but in this instance I was thankful for laziness! What a surprise and delight. Along with some weeds, we have the early stages of pumpkins!

By the way, when we celebrated our Family Day it was also the first time Buttons used chopsticks. She picked up some chicken and put it in her mouth on the very first try! Subsequent tries proved more difficult, but I thought it was kinda cool. Recently at Ik*a, I purchased chopsticks and spoons and it looks like we'll get to use them soon!

7 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 at 3:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cool, you can carve your own home-grown pumpkin!

 
At July 28, 2006 at 4:02 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 28, 2006 at 4:43 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Yup! Oil, that is...

I'm am so gonna start eating salad with chopsticks. What a great idea!

 
At July 29, 2006 at 9:38 AM, Blogger Kim M. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 29, 2006 at 8:22 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Kim M. said...

Can't wait to see how big your pumpking gets!!!

That's so cool that Buttons is trying to use her chopsticks. My kids are trying. You should see my son stab a chicken nugget.

 
At July 30, 2006 at 10:42 AM, Blogger Katie J said...

wzgirl
wzgirl said...

What a great surprise!!! Was the quote a Beverly Hillbillies reference?? Texas Tea?? LOL.

How fun for Buttons to have such a success with chopsticks!! They've got some reeeeally cute Hello Kitty ones. I love collecting chopsticks. I like to use them to eat salad.

I'm looking forward to the pumpkin update, KatieJ!

 
At July 30, 2006 at 10:46 AM, Blogger Katie J said...

Oops! I used Buttons' real name on this post and a couple of very sweet commenters used her name as well. I'm trying to keep a bit of anonymity, so I copied their comments and only changed her name when I posted them. Sorry Kim M. and wzgirl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home