Friday, July 21, 2006

7 X 7

New post, new look! Whaddya think? I was tired of pink! (No, I'm not gonna start rhyming again.) I was tagged by Tammy to do this and I apparently can't follow directions 'cause I have more on many of the lists.

7 Things I Want To Do Before Dying:
Watch Buttons grow and watch her children grow too
Get very old
Go back to China at least once with the family
Do something significant regarding charity
Go back to school or find a job that has meaning to me
Get in shape
Play the piano well
Speak another language fluently (Chinese or French)

7 Things I Can Not Do:
Ski
Tan (both stolen from Tammy, but oh so true!)
Mechanical things
Pass up a yarn store
Play a musical instrument by ear
Wear a bikini (I could but it wouldn't be pretty)
Relax when someone is coming to my house
Leave a party early


7 Things I Can Do:

Get up in front of people and sing or speak
Play piano (not well) and I used to play trombone
Set the VCR
Knit, cross-stitch
Make someone feel welcome
Make Buttons laugh
Talk to teenagers (will I still when Buttons is 15?)

7 Things That Attracted Me To My Husband
Honesty
Sense of humor and laugh
Intelligence
Modesty
Kindness
Generosity
Voice (he thinks this is funny)
His general "awesome-ness"

7 Things I Say Most Often
I love you
Baba's at work (Baba is the Chinese word for Daddy)
I'll be right back
I'm sorry honey, that's not for babies
It's ok
Ready Freddy? (Heard in the car before we leave the driveway)
Bye bye (said with Buttons anytime we leave anyone or any animal)


7 Books I Love

Beloved by Toni Morrison
Tales from the City series by Armistead Maupin
Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi
Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (read long ago)
She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
anybook that Buttons is into at the time

7 Movies I Love (Love movies, so this is actually a small sampling, placed into a few groups)
All About Eve along with many old movies with great dialogue
The Apartment (well, any Billy Wilder like Sunset Boulevard or Some Like it Hot)
Bridget Jones' Diary, Love Actually, About a Boy, Muriel's Wedding, Chocolat
Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love (anything by P.T Anderson)
Ponette, Amelie, Burnt by theSun (several other foreign films)
Raising Arizona (actually anything by the Coen brothers)
Rushmore (anything by Wes Anderson)

I tag Marsha, Mary-Mia and Amy!

4 Comments:

At July 21, 2006 at 7:23 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

I love the new look!

 
At July 21, 2006 at 8:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I like the new look. I too really enjoyed Chocolat, Love Actually, About a Boy and Bridget Jonses Diary. All great movies!

 
At July 22, 2006 at 7:02 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Great new look. I always say 'Ready Freddy' too - very funny!

A friend is reading She's Come Undone & we were talking about it last night - you know I'll have to read that one now.

Looking forward to seeing you & Buttons 2X this week. Lucky us!

BTW, I love your husband's modesty too - he's a real gem (just like my hubby's modesty, oh wait, he doesn't have any - sigh) You two make such a sweet couple - you make my teeth hurt. :O)

TTFN!

 
At July 24, 2006 at 1:19 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Hey Katie J - I finally found that pattern info for you re: the felted lambs. I couldn't figure out how to email you directly, so I posted it on my blog. Let me know if you decide to try one, you knitting fool!!! I can't pass up a yarn store either - sometimes they find *ME*!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home