Monday, July 31, 2006

Good Times: Niece, Reunion, Award and Referral!

First off, I must say that I'm very excited for Karen today. She received her referral for Maya and the whole blogosphere is jumping for joy! Congrats to Karen, Random and Miss Maya Papaya!

The rest of the good times all happened on July 29th, 2006. Our niece "S." was born at 9:43 am and at 8 lbs., 13 oz. is a chunky cutie! Congrats to S. and her posse. Unfortunately, they live too far to just jump in the car and visit, so we'll have to make some plans to see the cutie-pie.

After recieving such great news, we were off to our first China Family reunion. Our "China Family" consists of the families who went with us to China and the members who stayed behind to be with their other children. We are so lucky to have been placed with this fine group of people. It was the best reunion I've ever attended! All of us have children around the same age and we're comfortable with each other. We laughed, cried and remembered shared experiences of China. We talked about what's going on with the kiddos currently and planned future get-togethers. We all chipped in to help feed, comfort and play with everyone's children. People brought food and cake and toys for the kids. I may post more about this later, but for now I must say I was just overwhelmed with gladness to be a part of this group. I hope everyone is as lucky as we are!

I think I've posted before about my dabblings in community theater and this past March I was in a play locally. Well, this community theater has a banquet at the end of each season and it landed on the day of the reunion this year. (Last year it happened while we were in China.) Well, I missed last year but I decided to go very late this year. I missed the dinner and the ceremony, but was in time for cocktails and dancing. Let me just tell you that dancing to "It's Raining Men" with theater people is a hoot and a half! The big news though? I won an award! Ok, so it was for best ensemble and included many other people, but still, I won an award! We also won best show and our leading actor won as well!

So, July 29th 2006 will go down as a pretty excellent day! I'm very, very tired though, so bye!

4 Comments:

At July 31, 2006 at 7:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Congrats on the award - very cool!!

 
At July 31, 2006 at 9:53 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

Congratulations on winning that award! Hooray!

And congratulations on the birth of your niece! (Is this the one you're knitting those booties for?)

I'm glad to hear that the reunion was a huge success, too!

 
At July 31, 2006 at 11:24 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I think we're pretty lucky to have such an awesome travel group. Much fun was had by all.

Congratulations on your award! How exciting!

Tammy

 
At August 1, 2006 at 3:31 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Why am I not surprised that you are involved in community theatre? Must have been the ease with which you wore that face makeup the other day at the zoo! Hee, hee!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home