Sunday, August 20, 2006

COWWWS!!!

We visited our local creamery this evening. When we told Buttons where we were going she was filled with glee. I betcha think she was excited about the ice cream. Nope. COWS!!! The girl loves cows and she went on and on about moo-ing, eating grass, going to the barn for water and food. There was excited declarations of "COWS" and "MOO" for a good 5 minutes punctuated by "YES". Then she said "ceam" (ice cream) and nodded a subdued approval. She began to think about the cold treat a bit and then rubbed her tummy and became a little more excited and then said "yummy". Once at the creamery, she entertained the crowd with her excited discussion about these black and white bovines. She just cracks me up and hopefully I'm not boring you with this, but I just think she's the greatest and I can't help myself.

Ok, ready for just a smidge more sweet? My hubby and I usually bring Buttons into bed with us when she wakes up for a bit more snoozing or just a snuggle. Well, the other morning she gave me a big hug and I said "mmm, thank you Buttons" and she said "Baba too" and gave her daddy a hug, then she said "Buttons too" and preceded to give herself a big ol' bear hug. I love that she loves herself and I hope she always does. I know I always will.

All this cuteness deserves a post with a wee bit more edge, but I'll save that for next time. Go have some ceam!

1 Comments:

At August 23, 2006 at 11:44 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

KatieJ!! I LOVE cows, too. Big part of the reason why I haven't eaten beef since 1990...well that and protesting the Persian Gulf War (but that is an entirely diff subject). Cows - love them. And, so does Buttons. I bought the coolest book for buttercup called "How to Be a Cow" - maybe Buttons would like it too? I'll try to put a link here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0843177314/sr=8-1/qid=1156350191/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7765322-4638243?ie=UTF8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home