Thursday, August 10, 2006

It Starts Early

So, the other day I was just minding my business and doing a bit of e-mail while Buttons sat next to me reading books. She very innocently brought me a book that had been torn. I was pretty certain she had done it, but I thought I should ask first since I hadn't seen it happen. When asked she replied, without missing a beat, "Baba" (her daddy). Wow, I wasn't ready for fibbing yet and I was more amused than anything else. So, I decided to wait until my hubby came home and we would ask him together. Well, when we confronted him with the book, he said he hadn't done it and then we posed the question again to Buttons. Her instant reply? "Nanie", which is her grandmother who lives 12 hours away. It was all we could do not to break out into laughter. I'll have to figure this out soon, but right now it just tickles me! I'm sure I won't feel the same when Buttons is 15.

7 Comments:

At August 11, 2006 at 10:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, when Button is a teenager you certainly won't be laughing at her little fibs anymore!

 
At August 11, 2006 at 2:43 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Oh, so true!

 
At August 11, 2006 at 5:57 PM, Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

My son turned 16 yesterday. Trust me, you won't (and my son is a GREAT guy)

To Love, Honor and Dismay

 
At August 11, 2006 at 6:56 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Oh MY! LOL!! My buddie was telling me the other day that her daughter is always tattling on "Daddy". So funny.

 
At August 12, 2006 at 8:24 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

It seems to me that early fibbing is a sign of intelligence. Or is it deviance? Just kidding.

Anyhoo, that Buttons is a smart little cookie. It's hard not to crack a smile sometimes when they do something that's wrong - but cute at the same time.

Tammy

 
At August 13, 2006 at 3:41 PM, Blogger Millicent said...

I was an only child for most of my childhood and I just didn't have anybody else to blame things on...but that didn't stop me from trying. She's just being creative in a naughty sort of way.

 
At August 13, 2006 at 5:20 PM, Blogger Kim M. said...

Oh a story to remember!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home