Monday, September 11, 2006

Free Love Scarf



The new issue of knitty is on-line and included an article called "7 Knits for 7 Flicks". This involves two of my favorite pastimes, so I took a gander. One of Ms. Pepper's ideas was watching "Bob & Ted & Carol & Alice" and making a 'Free Love Scarf'. The idea is to have everyone knit a few rows from leftover yarn. The author was thinking of just having one scarf at the end of the evening. I was thinking it would be fun to have everyone come with a few different sized needles, some yarn, a sense of humor and willingness to share the love of knitting on each person's scarf. Everyone would have a scarf at the end of the evening. You wouldn't have to watch "B&T&C&A", but that would be chessy goodness.

***Congrats to Karen and 'Random' of "The Naked Ovary". They met their daughter Maya today in China!

6 Comments:

At September 11, 2006 at 8:51 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

That sounds like a great idea - I wish I knew how to knit.

I'm soooo happy for Karen & Random guy!

 
At September 11, 2006 at 11:38 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

How FUN! Yes, a collaboration. Perfect for the occasion.

 
At September 12, 2006 at 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I can't wait to read the article! BTW, Blogger won't let me sign in since switching to Beta (hence the anonymous comments) therefore I can't leave a comment on Beth's blog because she doesn't take anonymous comments. Please tell her that I enjoy reading her blog. Thanks - Stephanie @ forks and chopsticks

 
At September 12, 2006 at 11:35 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

I would insist that they watch that movie and fugettabout the scarf. You all should knit condom cozies or something (in keeping with the movie theme).

 
At September 13, 2006 at 10:36 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Sounds like fun. I'll be there.

 
At September 14, 2006 at 1:51 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Is that a picture of your own personal yarn stash up there? If so, you rock and I am jealous! :-)

Very cool idea to knit and watch movies. I would recommend knitting to a movie that maybe you've seen once or twice though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home