Sunday, September 17, 2006

Knitters Day Out

Went to KDO yesterday with a van load of knitters and had a great time. Due to reasons too boring to explain, I didn't get to take any classes, but decided to go anyway. So, hubby watched Buttons and I spent the day knitting, talking, and shopping the wonderful yarn in the market. Met mother and daughter owners of Kindred Spirit Yarn Studio and really enjoyed the yarn and their helpfulness. I also learned the daughter (oops, forgot her name) is the designer for the undisclosed surprise pattern (it's lovely) in the newest Knitty issue! I LOVED the yarn, so I bought some in a pumpkin color to make hubby a hat from this book. It's called Schulana Merino Cotton 90 and it's soft enough for my guy. He. Cannot. Wear. Wool.

I bought this kit from Susan Wolcott of Y2Knit and can't wait to get it on the needles. I enjoyed meeting Susan and her very dry sense of humor. Susan introduced me to her daughter who was working there and I learned she was adopted from Korea. I'm always excited to meet other IA moms. I wonder if that changes once you've been an IA mom for a while. (Subject for a future post?)





My main goal was to buy some Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair for a Button's stocking from this book (Jester's Bells). Once the yarn was in my hands, I 'had' to buy my first Addi Turbo needles and cast on. I've been trying to decide which stocking to make for Buttons for well over a year now. Finally, I figured if it wasn't right for her, I'd use it for myself!

Being around knitters all day is a very lovely thing. They are kind, generous and passionate. It was, however, the longest time I've been away from Buttons. She was asleep when I left, asleep when I came back and I missed her so much. My hubby rocks, huh? (Must post about that, too.) Ok...too much blogging, not enough knitting...

3 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 at 2:49 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

It sounds like you had a blast! (Isn't the Green Mountain Spinnery stuff terrific?) Nice haul, too! :)

 
At September 18, 2006 at 11:32 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Oh, what a FUN, FUN day, KatieJ!! I missed Buttons in your post, too, so I can only imagine how much you missed her. But, now you have tons of projects to work on while you and Buttons roll in to Autumn/Winter!!

 
At September 19, 2006 at 6:10 AM, Blogger Beth said...

It was a great day. I was there, met the daughter from Kindred Spirits, saw the lovely sweater in Schulana Merino Cotton and somehow missed that she was the designer of the pattern from Knitty! The sweater is lovely and your hat will be too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home