Monday, November 05, 2007

Two Finished Objects!

I was going to title this post "Two UFO's Completed" but neither of these were on the needles too long. I love finishing things. Aaahhh. Still sick, but I had to post something for today and I was aching to blog about something knitty.
I used Mille Colori by Lang to make these easy wristers. The pattern was free with purchase from Kaleidoscope Yarns. I'm thinking about making some of these for Holiday gifts.

Yeah, I suppose you wanted to see the poncho on Buttons, right? Well, the only picture I have of her in it is vertical and due to my issues uploading pictures with Blogger this will have to suffice for now. It's the poncho from The Knit Stitch by Sally Melville. This is Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Denim Twist which came to me via Jan. Jan was in the middle of making a poncho with this yarn for an adult but since I didn't know the pattern and knitting improvisation isn't my strongest point, I frogged it and made a poncho for my girl in her favorite color. She's not too fond of wearing it right now, but it will probably fit her for another 2 years, so hopefully I'll get a few pictures of her wearing it in that time. A quick and satisfying knit indeed.

And now, I shall make some soup for Buttons and I and then we're off for a long nap.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 5, 2007 at 3:02 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I did manage to catch a glimpse of her wearing it the other day when you were practicing for your audition. (Which I hear went well! WOO!) And it looked awesome on her!

Feel better soon! :-)

 
At November 5, 2007 at 5:27 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Oh! Those are called wristers? Didn't know. I've got a pair waiting to be put to life...I'm trying to finish a baby capelet - one that will match mine. (different color, though). Yes, I'll put up a pic when it is complete....feel better, bud. XO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home