Thursday, October 25, 2007

Footessa

My girl. She enjoys Caillou and Sesame Street. But her favorite show to watch? The Barefoot Contessa, or "Footessa" as she calls it mesmerizes her like no other. When I asked her if she's thinking about being a chef when she grows up, she told me she'll be a "cooker". Then she turns the tables and asks me what I'm going to be when I grow up and basically I say "good question honey". Because, to be honest, I'm still not sure. I like being a mom, but for her sake and mine, I know at some point I want to get a job outside the home that will be a passion for me. For so long my job was either trying to get pregnant or completely engrossed in adoption paperwork while mostly doing jobs that paid the bills. Paying the bills is important, but I'm going to need to think about a j-o-b that I can be passionate about and enjoy. (Or not hate it.)

It's been forever since I posted and I'm sorry for that. Life has been busy including making a poncho for Buttons, getting ready (mostly just trying to get ready) for an upcoming audition, and living life. I hope to get some pictures posted of the poncho soon. Buttons loves it. Yeah!

Oops...I've written a post very similar to this one. Uh-oh, my sanity is going faster than first thought.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At October 25, 2007 at 1:46 PM, Blogger Lou said...

Hi, glad to see you're back! :-) I know how life gets in the way of posting - it's always happening to me, and I don't have a Buttons to look after! You must tell me more about the audition, though - enquiring musos want to know!

I love how Buttons is so certain about her career choice. It's great to be 3 :-) You should definitely take time to work out what you really want to do - and you have that time to think about the options, while you're still at home with Buttons, so that's good.

 
At October 25, 2007 at 1:55 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Ooo! I can't wait to see the poncho!! Footessa as mesmerizer? Now that is awesome & good tv!

 
At October 29, 2007 at 2:21 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Hey hon! Repeated posts are acceptable :-)
Can't wait to see the poncho and the lovely young owner modeling it. Being a chef is wonderful (um, most of the time). You never go hungry because you can make a meal out of anything.

 
At October 29, 2007 at 8:53 AM, Blogger Ashley Winters said...

I agree! The Barefoot Contessa rocks! She makes everything look so easy doesn't she?

 
At October 30, 2007 at 1:59 PM, Blogger Robin said...

LOL at "Footessa" - so funny. Buttons cracks me up; I think she should think about being a comedian when she grows up.

 
At November 1, 2007 at 11:51 AM, Blogger walternatives said...

Did you say getting ready for an upcoming audition? Do tell, when you have the time, please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home