Sunday, October 07, 2007

Thank You Dishcloth Swapper!

Ok, I'm going to have to give our mailperson a big tip around holiday time because he is working hard brining packages to me. My Fall into Autumn dishcloth swapper is Alissa at Yarn Librarian and she really spoiled me very well. First of all the packages were wrapped in wonderful fall colors and had little notes to give explanations like "sorry, the beer would be hard to mail" attached to the Belgian chocolate since she knew I enjoyed Belgian beer as well as their fine confections.
Alissa sent a beautiful lavender, yellow, blue and white dishcloth and spoiled me with some great yarn as well. She sent 2 skeins of very soft lavender Berocco Touche , a ball of creamy yellow Patons Bumblebee cotton along with 2 balls of Knitpicks Shine worsted, which is really nice yarn. Alissa recommends knitting Fetching from Knitty, but going up a needle size to a 7. I love getting tips on yarn and patterns! She also sent a book on learning to crochet along with hooks and a case. I've already started a little, but I'm not taking pictures of that quite yet.
Alissa also sent a fall themed card along with some yummy chocolate things that look wonderful, but I'm trying to eat my chocolates in moderation, so I haven't tried them yet. Such willpower! Do you see how good they look? She also sent a couple of lotion samples that will work well in my notions bag because the dry weather is coming. Once again, I wish you could use more senses than just sight for this thank you because the soap and the candle she "scent" are wonderful.


What's really amazing Alissa? The night before your package came Buttons really wanted to do some stamping and I couldn't find a stamp pad in our house. The next day your lovely box showed up with magic stamps. Buttons sends you her thanks as well.

Blogger, couldn't I just do one more picture? No? Ok, this one will have to be continued as well to show you the lovely Halloween stuff Alissa sent.

Thank you so very much Alissa!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 7, 2007 at 10:57 AM, Blogger walternatives said...

Such good loot lately! Do you skip on the way to your mailbox? That chocolate looks dangerous!

 
At October 7, 2007 at 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like it! Buttons looks so cute in that photo, how funny about the stamping! Just friended you on ravelry too, yay!

 
At October 7, 2007 at 12:45 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

My mailbox has been filled with goodies, that's for sure. The chocolate is wicked and that's why it's so good!

 
At October 11, 2007 at 9:59 AM, Blogger Gina said...

WOW!! What a haul of booty! SWEET!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home