Wednesday, October 17, 2007

(Not So) Wordless Wednesday


Happy Birthday Buttons!
You are sunshine and laughter, sweet and silly, smart and kind.
Every day you amaze me.
When I pick you up at pre-school you've often saved part of your snack for your dad and me.
You love to dance and seem to really understand that different songs need different movement.
The joy you have during swimming lessons should be bottled and sold.
You've just turned 3 and yet your questions sometimes get me thinking pretty hard.
You always want to know more and more and more.
I've never seen anyone who can pretend like you can and the names you make up are so fun.
You're a joke teller and I'm not the only one to say so either.
I love your laughter and the funny looks you give me and the way you try to wink when I wink at you.
I love you when your grumpy too, but thankful that it rarely takes hold for too long.
I love the fact that when we walk outside to go somewhere you look up into the sky and say "what a beautiful day" even if it's gray and muggy because then I get to see it through your beautiful eyes.
Yes, it is a beautiful day because I get to spend it with you, sweet daughter.
You are 3 and I am in awe of you.


(Also Happy Birthday to N. & L. and Happy Anniversary to C. & A.)
What a great day!!!

"Wordless Wednesday"

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At October 17, 2007 at 10:11 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

What beautiful words that are very fitting for that beautiful daughter of yours. You are so blessed. (And Miss Buttons is pretty lucky to have such cool parents too.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sending a big birthday smooch to Buttons....

 
At October 17, 2007 at 10:12 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

BTW, I'm not able to see your pics - not sure if it's my computer.

 
At October 17, 2007 at 12:48 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I can't see your pictures - pout!

 
At October 17, 2007 at 12:54 PM, Blogger Imperatrix said...

Happy Birthday, Buttons! I hope today was a Beautiful Day for you!

 
At October 17, 2007 at 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday indeed!

 
At October 18, 2007 at 3:39 PM, Blogger Lou said...

I hope Buttons had a birthday as wonderful as she is! I feel privileged to get to know her a little through your blog. (I also feel extra old now, because I've realised that she's exactly 29 years younger than me! *g*)

-Secret Pal Lou

[PS - the problem with the missing photos on this post and the last one is because the path is "localhost" instead of the domain name of wherever it's hosted. So if you're uploading them to blogger, they might show up to you within the blogger update thingy even though the img links don't work on the web in general.]

 
At October 18, 2007 at 5:37 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Thanks Lou! I'll try to reload them differently.

 
At October 19, 2007 at 11:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday to Buttons! And congratulations for another wonderful year of motherhood!

 
At October 20, 2007 at 8:36 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Aww, how sweet. Happy belated birthday, Buttons!

 
At October 24, 2007 at 11:03 PM, Blogger insanemommy said...

Beautiful words from a beautiful mommy.

 
At October 28, 2007 at 10:12 PM, Blogger Beth said...

What a beatiful gift! HB, Buttons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home