Saturday, March 31, 2007

These Boots Were Made for Walkin'

This morning, she put her boots on over her footed pj's while I was doing the dishes. I'm getting ready to get my camera out to snap a shot and I hear "naked" from my 2 year old's mouth. I turn around and see her whip her diaper off, look at me and smile. This is the first time she's stripped and I'm sure it won't be the last. She was full of joy at her accomplishment and so happy to be naked. She put her cowgirl boots back on and preceeded to play. Oh what fun to be naked! Did I get pictures? You bet! However, for obvious reasons I won't share them with y'all. I set my camera down only to hear the word I was dreading..."pee"! She was delighted. I hated to steal her thunder but calmly explained that while mistakes happen, it's best to go to the potty when we need to pee or poop. The diaper and clothes made it quickly on to my girl. So did the boots.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At April 2, 2007 at 7:37 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Oh, that reminds me of one of my sister's favorite pictures of her daughter. It was post bath, and her 2yo (nicknamed The Demon Child) is captured standing in the middle of the living room floor. She is wearing only her mother's heels, a rather interesting hairstyle (a la Don King, without the grey), and holding a comb and brush, her facial expression is rather perplexed. So cute! She and Buttons must be kindred spirits.

 
At April 3, 2007 at 3:04 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

So cute! I remember when we used to walk in the room to find Mack naked in one corner of the crib and a pile of turds in the other. Aaaaah those were the days.

PS - you most def. are "not a suck!" thanks for the vote!

 
At April 4, 2007 at 3:56 PM, Blogger Donna. W said...

You can't keep the boots off a real cowgirl.

 
At April 4, 2007 at 7:51 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oh, that reminds me the story of our oldest. I went out to the garage to get the snow shovel and upon returning found her only in snowboots, a hat and mittens. She looked at me and said "oh, I forgot something...I need my socks!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home