Thursday, March 15, 2007

Knitting and Tattoos


I just heard from my SP10 today and it's prompted me to realize it's been a long time since I've blogged about knitting. The reasons? Well, I've been knitting more than blogging lately and I also think there are others out there who do a much better job writing about knitting. Well, I'll at least share the progress with you. The Wonderful Wallaby is going well. I like the Rowan All Seasons Cotton I'm using and the color is really fun. I just started doing the pouch and it's fun. I'm also trying to knit from my stash, so instead of going to my LYS, I just go to my yarn boxes and decide my next projects. I inherited this Lion Brand Wool Ease from my friend P. via her late friend J. and I'm going to make a poncho for Buttons from The Knit Stitch with it. It's a two-tone blue wool acrylic blend and Buttons loves it!
I'm also planning on making some baby hats for all the babies that are popping out around me. The jester hat from The Yarn Girls Guide to Kid Knits is one that I like to do. I also like the little rectangle hat from the Knit Knack Kit and yes, I do have the yarn for that too.

Last, but certainly not least, is this Potato Pirate temporary tattoo I received from Marsha. Buttons, as she has done in the past, decided she didn't want a tattoo, but she wanted me to get one. Arrr, matey, I'll take my taterrrs brrroiled!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 15, 2007 at 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That tatoo reminds me of the face painting at the Philadelphia Zoo! You are one way cool Mom! Happy knitting!
Stephanie
www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

 
At March 15, 2007 at 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that All Seasons Cotton and was thinking of getting some for a dress for the girl. Baby projects are such fun and so quick (relatively speaking) aren't they?

 
At March 18, 2007 at 11:26 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Like the tat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home