Sunday, February 25, 2007

And the Oscar goes to...

Well, I don't know yet but I'll be watching tonight. The Oscars are a bit of a holiday in our house believe it or not. In years past, I've invited people over for a little party. I serve food inspired by each movie and usually try to have people dress either as a character or in the spirit of the movie or just get gussied up a bit. I would have had Kentucky Fried Chicken for "Little Miss Sunshine"(they ate it in one of the first scenes), English Breakfast tea with scones for "The Queen", potatoes for "The Departed" (Irish mafia), rice balls for "Letters from Iwo Jima" and some sort of mixed vegetable or casserole for "Babel"(lots of different stories coming together), but for various reasons it just didn't happen this year. Well, the Hollywood Holy Day is here and the hour is almost nigh. Happy Oscar everyone!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 26, 2007 at 1:11 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Oh, I wish that we lived closer. I'd totally be at your casa tonight...and I'd bring DreamGirls Bars. XO

 
At February 26, 2007 at 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we lived closer too! There are a few things I wish we had TV for, and the Oscars is one of them. I am addicted. But sadly, I did not watch them last night.

 
At March 1, 2007 at 6:47 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I watched the Oscars last night for the first time ever. I stayed awake for the whole thing and really liked it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home