Friday, February 02, 2007

Long Distance Friday Non Weigh-In

How's that for a title? I don't have a scale here, but I'm guessing I'm probably hovering a net gain/loss of zero. I'm walking around like crazy, not snacking too much, but on vacation in a place I used to call home, I definitely want to have a little bit of all my favorite foods. Oh, shall I name them? I'll give a small sampling to all you foodies out there. Churro's, fish tacos, seafood, the pesto/basil/arugula/cheese sandwich and chocolate roule from Bread & Cie, mexican food and then there's the $12 margaritas I had last night that made me quite happy and made Hubby laugh. Buttons and I were pretty much on the same level, laughing with each other for no reason at all. Yes, we've walked on the beach, toured the San Diego Zoo and Disneyland, but the food has been a delight. I am realizing on this trip how closely I associate food and feelings. Oh yes, I was aware that they were related, but I had no idea they were conjoined twins. Mental note: Find new ways to make memories other than food related.

Hope all the other future MILF's are doing well. I shall go read their blogs now...

Labels:

7 Comments:

At February 3, 2007 at 1:12 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Oh, yeah, YUM - FISH TACOs. My fave.

 
At February 3, 2007 at 5:16 AM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

Margarita's rock.

 
At February 3, 2007 at 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are probably exactly at a net gain/loss of zero - usually the extra walking offsets the extra eating/drinking for me when I'm on vacation. Trying to actually lose on vacation is impossible, so I'm happy with the next best thing - maintaining.

And yeah, all that food sounds fab - I love churros, margaritas, fish tacos. Yum.

 
At February 4, 2007 at 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so obsessed with fish tacos, it's not even funny.

You lucky, lucky woman.

 
At February 5, 2007 at 11:18 AM, Blogger sillychick said...

mmmm...one of the things I loved about living in Cali was the food. So much of it and so diverse!

Yes, I gained a ton of weight while living there. Could it possibly have been the "burritos as big as your head?" that I consumed weekly. Perhaps.

Hope you're having a great time!

 
At February 5, 2007 at 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pHope you're having lots of fun!

 
At February 5, 2007 at 8:08 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I want a fish taco right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home