Sunday, March 11, 2007

I've Lost a Poodle!

No, this is not my dog but rather a pooch weighing 4 1/2 pounds. I haven't been on the scale in a couple of weeks, but this morning I decided I needed a kick in the butt. So, I stepped on the scale and lo and behold...4 1/2 pounds!

What's my secret? Oh, it's not good. Around this time of year I always seem to think I have some nasty disease that's going to end very badly. I can work myself up so much that I lose my appetite (also a possible symptom of disease). So, while I celebrate my loss, I'm going a little crazy.

I think it's been worse since Buttons came along because I am more aware of my mortality and I want to be around to see her grow up into a woman. I could say I want to be at her wedding, but I don't want to assume she'll have one. I want to see her happy, doing something she enjoys and having love in her life. So, I better take care of myself.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At March 11, 2007 at 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you! Great job.
Stephanie
www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

 
At March 11, 2007 at 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work! That's significant progress! Go you for saying that you don't want to assume Buttons will have a wedding. I like your open-mindedness about things -you are such a great mom!

 
At March 12, 2007 at 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your accomplishment however you got there. I totally understand. I worry about that too, especially with Lily being an "only". Now how do you (we) keep that as an impetus to live fully rather than feeling anxious and defeated? (if that makes any sense).

 
At March 12, 2007 at 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Good for you. That's definitely an accomplishment now matter how you did it.

 
At March 12, 2007 at 4:39 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Thanks guys. Viv, I know exactly what you mean. Living fully is so important but really hard to do most of the time.

 
At March 15, 2007 at 3:37 PM, Blogger Gina said...

WOO! Nice job, Katie! And a very nice sentiment as well. Keep that in mind and you'll be reaching your goal in no time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home