Thursday, March 22, 2007

Whew...

I've been trying to get up the gumption to go and get my first mammogram for like 2 years. I finally did it and I feel so much better. The results aren't back, but the technician said it looked good to her. Breast cancer runs in my mom's side of the family BIG TIME and it's one of my big fears. But, knowledge is power, eh? So, as I wait for the results, I just feel good.

The other good news is that "disease" I was worried about turned out to be nothing. Nothing. I feel like I have a second chance at life. Man, I feel good. There's nothing like having Buttons and my hubby around to make me understand how much I want to grow old. Really old. I want to be at Buttons' retirement party, ok? I don't think that's asking too much.

Wheee!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 23, 2007 at 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I recently had one done too. Knowledge is power.

 
At March 23, 2007 at 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you went for the mamo - it isn't half as bad as people think it is going to be. Breast cancer runs in my family too (my own Mother is a breast cancer survivor) so I have been having a mamo each year since I turned 30. The place that I go to gives you the results while you wait - how cool is that!
Stephanie
www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

 
At March 24, 2007 at 6:17 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! Glad you're going to be around for a looooong time!

I'm proud of you for going for your mammo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home