Friday, March 16, 2007

Stay Green, Buttons

Buttons. She can be quite profound.

First off, let me explain that near our house is a yard with a statue that reminds me a bit of the one in Navy Pier, Chicago pictured above. I love the one in Navy Pier. But a rather large and odd statue in a yard? Not only do they have this statue, but they decorate it for different seasons. The bronze kids wear red scarves and Santa hats for Christmas/winter and are currently wearing green hats and scarves for St. Patrick's Day along with an inflatable leprechan. Yes, it's quite subtle, uh, er...tacky. Buttons of course loves it. When we pass by it she exclaims with glee, "guys wearing green"! Today on our way home from swimming class we pass it and I tell her that soon they won't be wearing green, but will probably wear something else for Easter.

Buttons: Easter. Easter. Easter.
Me: Yes, Easter.
Buttons: No, I want it stay green!
Me: I know you like the green but sometimes things have to change.
Buttons: I no like change.

Amen sister. Sometimes I don't like change either. So, being the child of the 80's that I am, I immediately thought of that famous line from The Outsiders ... "stay gold, Ponyboy". Nothing gold can stay, but we'll just have to enjoy the green scarves and the leprechan while they're here and then again next year. Of course, she'll be in pre-school then and I'll be a size 8, so things will have changed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2007 at 2:54 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Very sweet. I can understand where Buttons is coming from.

BTW, my blog address changed - but is now public again. problem resolved.

 
At March 21, 2007 at 8:25 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I like your way thinking! Can you send me some of that super positive attitude you have? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home