Saturday, November 04, 2006

For the First Time, I See Wicked

I went to NYC with my friend "Pixie" and we had a blast. This trip was part of my Mother's Day present. My first Broadway play excursion included lunch at Ellen's Stardust Diner where the wait staff sings. I wish we had something like this near us although I'd never leave.





These glasses were purchased at the Stardust Diner and worn with enthusiasm. Pixie and I have done some community theater together and we always have a good time together. This was her 3rd time seeing Wicked. Yes, it really is that good.

This picture was taken at The Gershwin Theater while I was waiting with the hoardes to powder my nose. It's a lovely theater and it was fun to read all the names of the actors on the wall who worked so hard to bring stories to life on the stage. Community theater is not Broadway, but I'd like to think I have some inkling about the work that's involved in putting a show together.

Now, you don't think I forgot about Buttons, did you? I brought home a green flying monkey just for her. Her comment? "Buttons no like it, Mama. No monkey." However, it seems to be growing on her.



(FYI: To keep up with the "Post Every Day in November", I'm going to be retro-dating this post.)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 5, 2006 at 9:33 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

Oh man, when I was a little kid the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz absolutely terrified me! Sort of like the banshee in Darby O'Gill and the Little People (anyone remember that one?).

P.S. Today's word verification: "elvisb." You know--the famous "elvisp" imposter...

 
At November 5, 2006 at 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How weird is this - I went to see Wicked two years ago and also ate at that diner! Great minds think alike. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed to show - it really is wonderful!

 
At November 6, 2006 at 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the show. I would like to see it myself sometime.

tart diva

 
At November 6, 2006 at 11:37 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Sounds like such a great time - I've heard Wicked is awesome.

Love the glasses too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home