Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Nightmares and Snuggles

"If you were my baby bat, I would soar with you below the stars and hold you close when the nights flying is done." -Fran Hodgkins*

Oh Buttons, when you scream out "Mama" in the middle of the night, I feel such a strong need to hold you in my arms and tell you everything will be all right. The thing that really amazes me? It works. I pick you up from your crib and hold you and immediately, you release your tension. You snuggle with me and go back to sleep almost instantly. It's like my arms are your safe haven and when you are in them, you can rest. I sit in the rocker with you and my troubles melt away like your nightmares. Your arms hug my neck without your knowledge and you and I become the only people in the world. You are my safe haven too. I wish you sweet dreams, but I'll be there in case of nightmares, snuggle ready.

*If You Were My Baby: A Wildlife Lullaby by Fran Hodgkins, illustrated by Laura J. Bryant

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2006 at 9:38 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Ok, now you've done it. Made me cry at 7:30 in the morning....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home