Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Chili Cook-Off and Secret Pal


Ok, I would much rather give you a picture of Buttons from our local chili cook-off, but you'll have to settle for a pot of chili instead. I'm not a professional blogger and I can't seem to figure out how to turn my photos the right way sometimes. Oh well, the chili looks good, right?

The cook-off was fun and the day couldn't have been better. A slightly cool fall day with the sun beaming down, a flurry of people enjoying themselves, a band playing and all the chili you could eat.

Hubby helped out in one of the booths while Buttons and I strolled along the main street. Buttons took it all in and loved it. She danced to the big band as they played selections from "Chicago", she pointed out every dog she saw (there were many) and she enjoyed one of her favorite foods. Not chili, silly. ICE CREAM! Hubby joined us and we strolled some more and I was loving life.

This is a fairly small town, but I saw at least 3 adoptive families. In fact the picture I wanted to post was of Buttons and A., her new friend who was born in the Guangdong province of China 9 years ago. Buttons shrieked for joy playing hide and seek with A. Isn't it great how kids can just make friends like that (snap fingers)? It's a great gift. Speaking of new friends...

Secret Pal Update
I received my secret pal info for SP9 and promptly sent an e-mail to my spoilee. I won't say too much about him/her, so if she/he reads this, they won't figure out it's him/her.

I also received several e-mails from my spoiler. She sounds really fun and we've already sent e-mail back and forth a few times. She seems to share my love of music and I think she's kinda sassy. Rock on Secret Pal!

In other news, my hubby and I celebrated our 19 year dating anniversary yesterday. I'm the luckiest woman on the planet to be with this guy! (I'm also younger than you might think since we started dating very early.)

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 10, 2006 at 6:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me!

 
At October 11, 2006 at 8:45 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Your pot of chili photo looks right to me. The chili day sounds wonderful.

 
At October 12, 2006 at 4:26 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Sounds like a great day. Chili, cool crisp air, great company & music... Is there anything better?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home