Wednesday, December 17, 2008

NYC!

Life has been busy here. The show went well and is now behind me and I'm trying to catch up on housework and the business of Christmas. However, yesterday Hubby took the day off and we stole away to NYC.

We took the train in and Buttons was in heaven.
She loved the fact that there were no seat belts.

We went to Radio City Music Hall.

We visited the tree in Rockefeller center and the minute we turned the corner and saw it, the sky sent down the largest snowflakes I've ever seen.

Yes, we went to THE Christmas Spectacular. And yes, it was indeed spectacular. My favorite part was when the Rockettes were dressed as toy soldiers and did an amazing domino type of fall. I think Buttons enjoyed it, but it was also quite loud.

Hubby and I have been to NYC a few times, but it was Buttons first time ever and she enjoyed it. We even stopped by Macy's hoping to get her on Santa's lap, but yeah, no deal. So, we went home singing Christmas songs and truly enjoying our first taste of Radio City Music Hall. However, we tasted roasted chestnuts for the first time and didn't like those at all.

Ok, back to housework and Christmas mayhem. How are your holidays? Are you stressed? Are you ready? Are you sane and keeping away from all of this crazy hubbub?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At December 18, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Blogger Carrie Penny said...

Ours hasn't been horrible this year, it has been hard finding what to buy my mother in law and finding what Troy's kids asked for though! Last year was a mess all over the place. This year most of the shopping is done a week in advance now it is just "Oh I think XYZ might like that..."

 
At December 18, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first Christmas since my daughter was two that we can't go to see the Christmas tree due to my chemo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe if I'm feeling better the week after Christmas we can see go in to take a peek at the tree.I am so glad to see that you guys enjoyed it!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Carrie, sounds like you have things under control.

Stephanie, I'm certainly thinking of you during this season. I hope you do get a chance to see the tree. This was our first year seeing it, so I now know how special it is. However, your tree looked really nice too!

 
At January 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

My father brought the Rockettes video over to watch & we LOVED that part with the domino soldiers. How cool! I've seen the Rockettes once - and skated on the Rockafeller Center rink once, too. A LONG time ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home