Friday, October 10, 2008

Life and Blogging



Currently life and blogging don't seem to be working well for me to do at the same time. I've been taking a bit of a break from blogging and stepping fully into life. One week from today is Buttons' birthday and the opening of the play that I've been rehearsing. My mom and her partner are coming to visit during that time and my house is a wreck. If you have any sage words of wisdom about keeping stress levels down, now would be the time to share.

I'll be taking a hiatus until next weekend though.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 10, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wow - BEAUTIFUL pictures!

Sage words...hmmmm. Remember to enjoy the next few weeks, cause although it will be a little crazy, you will be surrounded by who (and what) you love: your dear hubs, your amazing daughter, your Momma and her partner, friends and the theater. It's all good. Busy, but good.

Don't forget to be in the moment and have fun! Your family isn't coming to town to critique your housekeeping skills, they want to spend time with their lovely family in PA.

Oh yeah, and...BREAK A LEG!

 
At October 10, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Blogger Katie J said...

Thanks Tammy! Sage words indeed.

 
At October 10, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...vodka? :)

 
At October 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Blogger Carrie Penny said...

Those pictures are amazing! BREATHE! Take 15 minutes for yourself 3 times a day. Just lean back breathe and relax.

 
At October 15, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Blogger walternatives said...

Here's my tried and true "mantra" during the three years we waited for our referral: "Letting go is a process, not an event...." It helped me to repeat it several times, with deep breathing, almost as if I was breathing in the words, ingesting them in a way. Just because I WANT to let something go (stress/anxiety/etc.), I need to realize it's going to take a while.
My latest saying is from a good friend "Worrying is like praying for something you _don't_ want." So, as we prepare to travel to China, I'm trying hard to let go of worry.

Hope some of that helps. It worked/is working for me, anyway!

p.s. Can you splurge an hire a cleaning service before company arrives?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home