Monday, September 29, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Goodies and Reveal

I received a lovely package from my Secret Pal Carrie (Sad Lonely Crafter) and I have been lax in posting lately, so I'm finally doing a bona fide thank you post.

First off Carrie sent me some yummy coffee and a very nice pattern book of mittens.
She also sent some coral linen that may indeed become a bag just like my SP made. (Carrie, could you e-mail the information on the pattern you used?) The vanilla candles smell wonderful and the rings have a lovely fall theme. It's finally getting cool enough to light them!
Carrie also sent this deep purple alpaca from someone on e-bay who spins it. The color is rich and I imagine it will indeed make a nice scarf. She also sent me some sari silk, which I've always been interested in trying. Carrie was kind enough to spin everything for me. Do you happen to remember the yardage on these skeins Carrie?

The stitch markers are lovely and handmade by Carrie herself! If you click the picture, I think you'll be able to see them a bit closer.

So, while I'm sorry this post is so late, I did really appreciate all the time and effort that you put into this wonderful package. Thanks Carrie!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 29, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a nice package! Sari silk makes a lovely dropped-stitch scarf.

 
At October 2, 2008 at 7:23 AM, Blogger Carrie Penny said...

I am so glad that you like it! I was getting really worried that it was so small in the box. I don't have the yardage written down for the alpaca but I can email Sandy and ask her. The Sari silk was done by weight and is 5 skeins = 1lb. I will see if I have the pattern I used for the linen otherwise I know I have the links to some others that would be great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home