Saturday, July 21, 2007

Favorite Handmade Item


My dishcloth swap is having a contest. We are to post our favorite homemade item and a winner will be chosen randomly. Well, my fave item that I've knit is the sweater for Buttons using a Rowan pattern with Plymouth Wildflower. There are many mistakes, but it was the first sweater I knit for the girl that fit. I was knitting it while I was waiting to go to China and finished it after she came home. There were several people who helped me along the way and that makes it special too.

However, my favorite homemade item is the necklace Buttons made for me using some clay that we baked. It's form is very organic, she had fun making it and we did it with friends. The kicker is every time I wear it I get compliments on it before anyone knows my 2 year old made it!

For the second part of the contest, we're asked to find something from one of the other swappers that we'd like to make. Well, my buddy Marsha made a really good lookin' washcloth using domino knitting and an i-cord border. I'd like to do one of those.

Who knew I'd get so into dishcloths? What, you're not into dishcloths?

Here are 3 reasons to try it:

They go quickly, so you get to finish something in a short amount of time.
You can use a funky pattern and not have to commit to it for a whole sweater.
They make great gifts with or without homemade soap.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At July 21, 2007 at 1:04 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Love the pendant! Buttons takes after her mama, for sure! Raw talent, I tell you. XO

 
At July 21, 2007 at 1:53 PM, Blogger THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Love the sweater! Button looks adorable in it!! YOU MUST KNIT THAT MITERED SQUARE/DOMINO CLOTH!! It's a snap and pretty too!

 
At July 22, 2007 at 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from your dishcloth pal! I'm having fun planning your package. And Buttons is adorable and talented.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home