Saturday, June 30, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Revealed and WOW!

Oh my dog. My last Secret Pal package came today. It was incredible! My spoiler pal is at thursday's journey and was wonderful to me. Holy cow. She wrapped the gifties up in tissue (which I enjoy but never do) and sent so many wonderful goodies.
Blogger only allows 5 pictures at a time, so although I have about 17 pics just from this package, I had to keep the number down. The card she sent said "Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. -Chinese Proverb" with wonderful things inside including the fact that Thursday has signed me up to receive Interweave Knits! Wahoo!
This yarn from Knitpicks is not only a favorite colorway, it's also very soft. Socks, mittens? I shall have fun dreaming about this yarn.
Ok, this Hand Maiden yarn is fabulous. I wish you could reach out and touch it. It's 400 meters of 70% silk and 30% Seacell. I don't know how this knits up and I really don't care. It will feel wonderful on my skin in the process. Thursday told me there is a scarf pattern in the summer Interweave Knits that calls for this yarn. I believe all patterns should call for this yarn. Yes, it's just that soft.
Lion Brand's Lion Cotton is great Secret Pal! 236 yards of pure cotton. She also "scent" some wonderful Lavender soap and it makes me want to share it via smell-o-vision. This yarn is a wonderful change from Lily yarn, which I like but the color here is so much more vibrant. I really do love a good red and this one is good. I'm thinking of making another market bag out of it.

Thursday also sent me some wonderful scrapbook stuff including that wonderful blue bag, stickers, a frame, some lettering and fun scissors. She included the "Wendy Knits" book along with some letter K post-its and some lip "goo". When we opened the lip goo, Buttons asked "is that for me"? Guess I'll share.

Thanks Thursday!!! You really know my taste and went above and beyond and I am truly grateful. I can't wait to read more of your blog now that I know your identity!

Would you like to know who my spoilee was? Click on over to The Knitorious Mrs. B and give her a big howdy! She was fantastic to spoil and her blog is really fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home