Friday, June 29, 2007

Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

Yes, it's another swap for me.

  1. Do you knit, or crochet, or do both? How long have you been knitting\crocheting? I've been knitting for around 4 years. The first yarn I ever purchased was to learn to crochet a dishcloth, but I recently made it into a bib for my daughter. So I don't crochet, but maybe I will someday.
  2. Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before? Yes.
  3. What are your favorite cotton yarns? Is there a cotton or linen you’ve been dying to try but have not? Fave cotton yarns in general are Mission Falls cotton, and just good ole Lily washcloth yarn. I'm always into trying new yarns that someone really enjoys. I do like cotton blends like Wildflower and am anxious to try Knitpicks Shine, but I don't know as they'd make good washcloths. I'd also like to try some cotton chenille.
  4. Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with? Cotton in general can be very unforgiving, but there aren't any that really have me swearing.
  5. What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic) Love my Denise needles, but bamboo ranks up there as well. Haven't tried Bryspun or Lantern Moon, but they both have me interested, those little devils.
  6. What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Hats, scarves, baby sweaters, bibs, (ok, lots of baby/toddler stuff), felted handbags. I'm going to start knitting some stuffed animals as well. I also am still entrenched in my first pair of toe-up socks. Sometime this summer I plan on starting Christmas stockings for my hubby and I after the fun I had knitting my daughter her stocking last summer.
  7. Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting? I like to think I scrapbook, but knitting takes up most of my crafty energy. I love taking pictures, watching movies and when my brain is working I also enjoy reading. Oh yes, I love to travel.
  8. What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts? I'm trying to be good, but chocolate is definitely my favorite. I adore genuine Belgian, but I think a Hershey bar is better than some very pricey chocolates. Yeah. I heart chocolate.
  9. What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any? My kitchen is currently my least favorite room and I hope to paint it in the next year or so. Yellow would go with my kitchen now and later the best. The master bath (mine!) is celery green with light lavender and our other bath is wedgewood blue with brown. None of our rooms are country, but very casual.
  10. What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike? I like most colors and in a washcloth I think funky is perfectly respectable but not necessary. I'm not the biggest fan of extremely muted colors (probably because I look so bad in them) but I don't go for super loud either. I would choose sage or celery green over olive or khaki green but I would oppose kelly green always. Oy. Don't worry too much about color. I'm truly easy to please.
  11. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages? Decaf green or black tea with or without flavoring. I do enjoy Earl Grey and English Breakfast very much. However, one of my secret pals bought me green tea with pomegranate and it was lovely. There aren't many teas I haven't liked or wouldn't try.
  12. Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)? I have a daugther who will be three in October and a fuzzy wuzzy cat.
  13. Do you have any allergies? Strong smoke sensitivity (asthma).
  14. Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting. I've played a nun and a blind beggar in community theater. I worked at a knitting store before I even knew how to do an i-cord. I've seen every episode of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer".

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2007 at 12:26 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I'm back to blogging. Now am I going to go for another swap? We'll see...I have until midnight to sign up.

 
At June 30, 2007 at 1:31 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Is it too late to join??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home