Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dolly Parton Role...A Bust

So my weekend had my stomach in knots waiting for news on my audition for a production of Steel Magnolias. I wanted this part so badly I could taste the grits. The news came today in the form of an e-mail. I didn't get the part. Apparently the director really liked my audition but felt I was just too young looking to be believable as the mother of 2 grown children. I guess looking too young is not a bad reason to be turned down for a role, huh? It's still hard, but I'm looking forward to auditioning again in the fall for a musical. Believe it or not, I actually gained some confidence in the process. I went into it thinking I had no chance, then feeling like I did really well and probably nabbed it. That's progress. I think I'll probably audition for more straight (non-musical) roles with much more aplomb.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2007 at 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! Although you're right, they probably softened that blow with their flattering rejection. Next time!

 
At June 12, 2007 at 9:08 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

I am sooo proud of you for going for it! You are one gutsy mama!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home