Tuesday, June 05, 2007

There Ain't No Such Thing as Natural Beauty

Well, I went for it again. I auditioned for the part of Truvy Jones (Dolly Parton's role) in Steel Magnolias. Before I went, I decided if I don't get the role, it would be just as well since it would take up a good portion of my summer. Then I went to the audition. The director put us at ease, there were many talented and fun women there and I had a great time getting up there and doing my best former beauty queen with a southern accent. I am no beauty queen and I am not southern, but I think I did pretty well and if I don't get the part it won't be because I didn't do my best. And now I want it. So send the good vibes and if y'all want to throw luck my way, tell me to break a leg.

As for the family, one of Hubby's gifts to me for Mother's Day was a DVD of Steel Magnolias. Now, ain't he sweet? As for Buttons, she told me she didn't want me to leave this evening. Ouch. She does enjoy my new habit of reading all of her Olivia books in a southern drawl though.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At June 6, 2007 at 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Break a leg!! Stephanie

 
At June 6, 2007 at 8:20 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

You go KJMama!!! Oh, how I hope that you broke a leg. Keep us posted....

 
At June 6, 2007 at 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I never saw that movie? Break a leg and if you get it, let me know when the performance is. Road trip to Philly maybe.

 
At June 6, 2007 at 9:19 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I've never seen the movie either, but I so hope that you get the part!!

 
At June 6, 2007 at 1:05 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

WAAAAAY COOL! Break a leg! You know if it works out, I'm so there! Steel Mags is a movie that I can watch over & over. You would make and awesome Truvy - I can see you already with the can of hairspray.

Sending good vibes...

 
At June 6, 2007 at 9:49 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I do hope you get the part - should I see the movie now or wait until after I see the play?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home