Thursday, November 16, 2006

Waiting for Guffman

In my last post I asked for a topic. Wzgirl asked what theater performances I've been in and so here we go. My very first stage role ever was as Sister Margaretta in "The Sound of Music". (Sr. M. was one of the nuns in the movie who took part in sabotaging the Nazi cars and in the stage production is Maria's best bud.) What a wonderful time! In fact, Pixie from this post played Maria. It was a fun role and bigger than I ever expected to get my first time on stage. I was able to sing (solo and ensemble) and I was able to get a laugh. This picture was taken backstage and definitely not in character. Hubby and I were waiting to hear about Buttons and boy, did this make the time fly. (Contact your local community theater, Wzgirl!)

Next was "Jekyll & Hyde", which only had 2 things in common with "TSoM". It was a musical and many of the same people were involved in the show. I was cast in the ensemble and able to decide my own names: Lady Jane Cutswold and Iris, the blind beggar. Once again, it was a great time. This was early on after Buttons came into our lives and looking back, I don't think I would do that again so soon after the baby comes home. The rehearsals were mostly at night, post bed time, but I still missed my family. This picture was also taken backstage and pretty much in character as snobby upper class.

I definitely have the itch again, but I need to be selective about how I choose to spend time away from family. I would also like to do a "straight" show without any singing just to work on some acting skills. Thanks for asking Wzgirl!

Wondering about the title of this post? Check out this link.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 16, 2006 at 4:07 PM, Blogger wzgirl said...

Hey there Sister!! Great post & thanks for sharing the pics! I'd never call up my local theatre, unless I wanted tickets. Too chicken! For me - it is the quilt. Lemme know if you need more questions. XO

 
At November 17, 2006 at 2:38 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Oh wow! I LOVE those photos! I hope you decided to become active in the theatre again. That is SOOO cool.

 
At November 18, 2006 at 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing the photos. The nun one is too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home