Sunday, June 24, 2007

Poetry Book Has Buttons Hooked

When Buttons first came home we received so many gifts. It was amazing. People we knew very well and even people we barely knew gave us wonderful things. Some were good for right away, some reserved for later. This book was given to us by a very sweet lady we didn't know very well, but she was excited for us.

When I first started to read this to Buttons, she really didn't get into it. However, now it's "I love poems Mama." We read one called "Yellow Butter" all the time now and it makes us laugh. I've heard that poetry is really great for young minds (old foggies like me too). It's divided into different areas like bathtime, animals, night-time, food and just plain silliness. There are a couple of rhymes at the end that are such sweetime bed-y bye poems. Anyway, I recommend this book.

2 Comments:

At June 26, 2007 at 11:10 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I'll have to check it out - literally, from the library, if they have it.

Thanks for the tip.

PS. Roses are red...
(that's the extent of my poetry)

 
At June 30, 2007 at 12:23 PM, Blogger Beth said...

We have this book and like it too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home