Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Watermelon Salad


Watermelon Salad

(All ingredients are approximate)
1/2 of a medium watermelon, chopped
4 oranges, peeled and chopped
2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
2 lemons
salt

Combine watermelon, oranges and cucumbers and squeeze juice of both lemons over the fruits and cukes. Sprinkle with salt and stir. I like the effect of putting it back in the watermelon shell, but you don't have to do that. This recipe comes from a woman named Maria who I used to work with in San Diego. She's originally from Mexico and told me they also add chili powder to this salad and call it pico de gallo. (Not the pico de gallo I'm familiar with, but there you go.) It's a salad that's easy to make, tastes like there's some magic ingredient and is so summer-licious!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 4, 2007 at 1:00 AM, Blogger wzgirl said...

I'll bet that Buttons loves to help make/eat this treat being the Watermelon Princess that she is....

 
At July 4, 2007 at 7:22 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Ummm, YUM! You know I'll be trying this easy recipe. Thanks for sharing.

 
At July 5, 2007 at 6:09 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Mmmmmmm, yum. Gonna try that one for sure!
Doc says more fruit and more water. I am now performing my own personal study of the merits of various varieties of figs. Love figs, yummmmm! The water thing is still a problem. I don't want water!!! I want soda!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home